Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for HelpOthersJunkee
The HelpOthersJunkee Code of Conduct is one of the ways we put HelpOthersJunkee’s values into practice. It’s built around the recognition that everything we do in connection with our work at HelpOthersJunkee will be, and should be, measured against the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct. We set the bar that high for practical as well as aspirational reasons: Our commitment to the highest standards helps us hire great people, build great products, and attract loyal users. Respect for our users, for the opportunity, and for each other are foundational to our success and are something we need to support every day.
So please do read the Code and HelpOthersJunkee’s values, and follow both in spirit and letter, always bearing in mind that each of us has a personal responsibility to incorporate, and to encourage other HelpOthersJunkeers to incorporate, the principles of the Code and values into our work. And if you have a question or ever think that one of your fellow HelpOthersJunkeers or the company as a whole may be falling short of our commitment, don’t be silent. We want – and need – to hear from you.
Who Must Follow Our Code?
We expect all involved, or a part of HelpOthersJunkee, to follow the Code. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, including termination from all. Moreover, while the Code is specifically written for HelpOthersJunkee, we expect HelpOthersJunkee contractors, consultants, and others who may be temporarily assigned to perform work or services for HelpOthersJunkee to follow the Code in connection with their work for us. Failure of a HelpOthersJunkee contractor, consultant, or other covered service provider to follow the Code can result in termination of their relationship with HelpOthersJunkee.
I. Serve Our Users
Our users value HelpOthersJunkee not only because we deliver great products and services, but because we hold ourselves to a higher standard in how we treat users and operate more generally. Keeping the following principles in mind will help us to maintain that high standard:
Integrity - Our reputation as a company that our users can trust is our most valuable asset, and it is up to all of us to make sure that we continually earn that trust. All of our communications and other interactions with our users should increase their trust in us.
Usefulness - Our products, features, and services should make HelpOthersJunkee more useful for all our users. We have many different types of users, from individuals to large businesses, but one guiding principle: “Is what we are offering useful?”
Privacy, Security, and Freedom of Expression - Always remember that we are asking users to trust us with their personal information. Preserving that trust requires that each of us respect and protect the privacy and security of that information. Our security procedures strictly limit access to and use of users’ personal information, and require that each of us take measures to protect user data from unauthorized access.
HelpOthersJunkee is committed to advancing privacy and freedom of expression for our users around the world. Where user privacy and freedom of expression face government challenges, we seek to implement internationally recognized standards that respect those rights as we develop products, do business in diverse markets, and respond to government requests to access user information or remove user content.
1. Responsiveness - Part of being useful and honest is being responsive: We recognize relevant user feedback when we see it, and we do something about it. We take pride in responding to communications from our users, whether questions, problems, or compliments.
2. Take Action – If at any time you feel our users aren’t being well-served, don’t be bashful - let someone in the company know about it. Continually improving our products and services takes all of us, and we’re proud that HelpOthersJunkeers champion our users and take the initiative to step forward when the interests of our users are at stake.
We are committed to a supportive environment, HelpOthersJunkeers are expected to do their utmost to create a culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias, and unlawful discrimination.
Harassment, Discrimination, and Bullying - HelpOthersJunkee prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying in any form – verbal, physical, or visual. If you believe you’ve been bullied or harassed by anyone at HelpOthersJunkee, or by a HelpOthersJunkee partner or vendor, we strongly encourage you to immediately report the incident.
III. Avoid Conflicts of Interest
1. Use of HelpOthersJunkee Products and Services - Avoiding potential conflicts of interest also means that you should not use HelpOthersJunkee products, services, internal tools, or information in a way that improperly benefits you or someone you know or creates the appearance that you have an unfair advantage over users outside of HelpOthersJunkee.
IV. Preserve Confidentiality
1. Confidential Information - common sense applies here. Don’t tell others anything confidential, and don’t solicit confidential information from them. Period. You probably know that our policy is to be extremely careful about disclosing confidential proprietary information. Consistent with that, you should also ensure your outside communications (including online and social media posts) do not disclose confidential proprietary information or represent (or otherwise give the impression) that you are speaking on behalf of HelpOthersJunkee unless you’re authorized to do so by the company.
V. Protect HelpOthersJunkee’s Assets
1. Intellectual Property - HelpOthersJunkee’s intellectual property rights (our trademarks, logos, copyrights, trade secrets, “know-how”, and tools) are among our most valuable assets. Unauthorized use can lead to their loss or serious loss of value. You must respect all copyright and other intellectual property laws, including laws governing the fair use of copyrights, trademarks, and brands.
2. Employee/Client Data - We collect and store personal information from employees/clients around the world. We access this data only in line with local law and HelpOthersJunkee internal policies, and are sure to handle data in a manner that is appropriate.
VI. Obey the Law
HelpOthersJunkee takes its responsibilities to comply with laws and regulations very seriously and each of us is expected to comply with applicable legal requirements and prohibitions. While it’s impossible for anyone to know all aspects of every applicable law, all should understand the major laws and regulations that apply.
HelpOthersJunkee aspires to be a different kind of company. It’s impossible to spell out every possible ethical scenario we might face. Instead, we rely on one another’s good judgment to uphold a high standard of integrity for ourselves and our company. We expect all HelpOthersJunkeers to be guided by both the letter and the spirit of this Code. Sometimes, identifying the right thing to do isn’t an easy call. If you aren’t sure, don’t be afraid to ask questions. And remember… don’t be evil, and if you see something that you think isn’t right – speak up!
PLEASE NOTE – Dezi is an expert rated Life Coach, not a doctor or therapist. She is a survivor and a thriver of CPTSD, she shares her experiences, tools, and healing techniques of recovery in the hopes of helping those suffering from CPTSD symptoms and childhood trauma. The information published should not take the place of professional evaluations, diagnoses, or treatment. Please consult with your physician.
Dezi's recommendations are to help in the healing of a client's life traumas and symptoms thereof. Dezi asks that you always use your personal discernment when deciding what healing modalities to follow or try.
Should you feel like hurting yourself or feel suicidal in any way, PLEASE get support right away here:
You are very important and healing is absolutely possible.